Sunday, September 21, 2008

This is... What I want to be when I grow up and WINNER of 50th post!

Thank you to Bug and Pop who is in the mist of packing house who chose this weeks "This is...." theme cohosted by http://handmaiden.typepad.com/handmaiden/ on behalf of Three Buttons..

I really never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I remember wanting to be a Nurse, Doctor and many more but what I most wanted to be was my mum and that is what I am (my version of my mum!). Though I would prefer to be a SAHM but I think it might make me a bit stir crazy. My life as a mum is different to what my mums had and I have to work hard at readjusting my expectations of what my mum did to what I can do. Even though I wanted to be a mum I also was driven to be successful and to make a difference out there in the big wide world and not just at home...

Okay Jo was going to do this with me but we kinda got distracted. So here I am with my kind hubby who has been volunterred into the position of drawing the winner -



Debbie (dont have link for you Debbie!) wins first prize and sherri (from A Quilting Life wins Second. Please girls email me with your snail mail to claim your prize...

2 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Hurray to the winners...:o) And hurray to mums!!

Kris said...

Being a Mum is the best thing I have ever done. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. Being a mother never occurred to me. I was destined for great things, not motherhood. Due to an interesting set of circumstances I had my first daughter at 20 and discovered what I wanted to do! And I love it.